According to modern day research, conducted by *clears throat* yours truly.
Most of us have checklists describing the qualities of our ideal partner. It’s neither a good nor bad thing to have one shem. I’m not here to judge or to be judged, this blog is a safe environment. I’m just going to acknowledge that it’s real!
No one should be blamed for having a checklist…
Me, I also I got one. *hides*
Why? It represents who I am and my dreams. It was something that I reckon most of us, at some point while growing up, were told to think about. So, when you find yourself daydreaming about your future “perfect” partner, you know exactly what to dream about and there ain’t nothing wrong with that at all.
Lemme let you all in on some of the things on the my list:
- Dude has to be attractive (even if its just to me).
- Honesty. No one wants a lying somebody regardless of how much he says he did it to protect you.
- Dude has to be intelligent. Last thing we all want is a dude whose all looks and no brains. What example are we trying to give our future kids? - Kind-hearted man. There is a nothing like a man who can make your heart melt by his warmth and treatment of others.
- Funny: Ey, dude needs to be able to make me laugh hey. We can’t be spending the entire day admiring one another’s beauty the whole time hey. Even good looks get boring.
- Financially Stable: Look, rent and electricity need to paid on time. So, dude must learn to be able to do best hey.
- Chivalrous: Make me feel like a lady and remind me that you still know how to be a gentleman every now and again.
- Charming: A dude who can make me blush is something truly worth the embarrassment that it brings with it all on account that your man made you feel like the only girl in the world hey.
- Ambitious: There is just nje something about a man with purpose and vision about what he wants to do with himself hey.
- Tall: Look… Am all about equal opportunity but you want to be able to rock them heels in confidence and without fear that your significant other will be made to look like a younger brother or sibling to you all on account that they are not on your level. Literally!
Mind you, this is just part of the list! And maybe I’m lucky because my partner (my Mr Right Now) scores well on the stuff I just mentioned **high fives Mr Right Now** :-)
Peeps, we need to admit that there is absolutely nothing wrong with an ever expanding list. It ain’t a F***** PROBLEM.
Although, we need to admit that we need to keep our checklists realistic though. What’s the point in wanting a Superman, when you can’t turn into Catwoman and vice versa?!
We are #TeamNoDoubleStandards outchea. You can’t be asking for a madam FHM while wena o le Mr Bona magazine. Aint nobody got time for that!
What you do on the Left you do on the Right…comprehend? Good.
I mean, there really is no perfect being/match right?! So why do we keep at it?! Re tlo tlhokofala re le single (we gon’ die spinsters)… Just keep your checklist flexible mara never settle for less.
From this heart to yours…Xx ♥